This project is developed in two sections, one at the entrance of the future AVE station and another at the station exit.The total length covered by this is 2,500 meters.
The platforms for all the routes that enter and leave the station were constructed, as well as the railway superstructure for the conventional width tracks.
- Length of civils infrastructure and superstructure executed: 10.1 kilometers.
- Total length of viaducts: 0.1 kilometers.
- Length of track assembly: 13.5 kilometers
Improves the Palencia rail connection, creating links with the north and centre of the country.
The work consisted of the demolition of the old building and the subsequent construction of the Atocha Station. This included the new High Speed lines, which made it the first station in Spain to be constructed on a live line.
The project also included rail assembly works for the 15 existing tracks.
Connection between Atocha and Chamartín stations, to service High Speed trains.
This stretch of new dual track iberian and international width track, has a mined tunnel 6,900 meters long executed with an EPB TBM and cut and cover 120 meters long tunnel executed with diaphragm walls.
The project also includes the execution of the road and the remodeling of teh new tracks layout of the Southern head of Chamartin station
- Length of infrastructure executed: 13.2 kilometers
- Length of superstructure executed: 79.38 kilometers
- Length of Tunnels: 3.9 kilometers
- Length of Viaducts: 0.725 kilometers.
- Individual Projects: Benicassim - Oropesa civils (15 kilometers), Vandellós - Tarragona track assembly (70 kilometers).