"El Sinaloense" tunnel is located in the state of Sinaloa and is the most important due to its size and the complexity of the Durango Mazatlán highway; it is the second longest in the country stretching 2,794 metres.
This type of tunnel has an equipment level similar to that used in Europe, which kick-started a new generation of tunnels with equipment such as:
- Lighting system.
- Communication system (emergency telephone, megaphones, CCT cameras).
- Ventilation system (reversible fans, gas detectors, temperature sensor cable).
- Fire-protection system (hydrants, extinguishers, pumping systems).
- Signalling system (electronic board, traffic lights, emergency exit, reflective road studs).
- Fibre optic systems control.
"El Sinaloense" covers: 1.16% of section III total and 44.16% of tunnel length.